WVDHA Fall Session:
September 25th, 2021
Stonewall Jackson Resort
Join us for 6 hours of CE with Anne Miller of HuFriedyGroup and Dr. Gina Graziani! Courses are listed below. With your registration, you will receive 6 hours of CE, the opportunity to visit with our vendors, lunch, and networking with brilliant dental professionals from the state of WV. No PayPal account required for registration. Pricing is stated for members, nonmembers, and students. Please reach out to us if you have dietary concerns. Any questions, please email us at WVDHAinfo@gmail.com.
- SCHEDULE -
7:30 - 8:30 - Registration/Check-In/Breakfast
8:30 - 11:30 - Anne Miller CE
11:30 - 1:00 - General Assembly/Lunch
1:00 - 4:00 - Dr. Gina Graziani CE/Dismissal
GUIDED BIOFILM THERAPY
Exploring Supragingival and Subgingival Air Polishing Technologies
This course will provide an overview of the management of biofilm through the use of low abrasive powders and supragingival/subgingival air polishing. Without subgingival disclosing solution, how do we as clinicians know we have removed the subgingival soft biofilm when treating patients? Technology has opened up the opportunity for clinicians to efficiently and comfortably remove soft deposit from subgingival areas in a minimally invasive way. Air polishing with low abrasive powders has been shown to be safe on dental structures and dental materials including implant surfaces.
At the end of the program, the participant will be able to:
• Discuss the complexity of pathogenic oral biofilm
• Explain the concept of guided biofilm therapy.
• Identify technologies that lead to improved clinical patient outcomes.
• Detail air polishing powder characteristics.
• Discuss scientific evidence supporting air polishing technologies.
Anne L. Miller, RDH, MS Clinical Education Manager HuFriedyGroup email@example.com
CARIES PREVENTION IN THE YOUNG CHILD
By the end of this discussion, the dental hygienist will be able to:
• Recognize the role diet and hygiene play in caries initiation and progression
• Effectively perform a knee-to-knee exam for younger patients
• Discuss SDF, GI and the SMART technique
• Implement caries prevention strategies in patients treatment plans
Dr. Gina Graziani