Sat, Feb 27|
Online CE Event
WVDHA CE - February 27th, 2021
Dr. Michelle Klenk provides WVDHA with 3 CE credit hours covering infection control with COVID updates! Your confirmation email will contain the Zoom link for attending the CE at 9AM on February 27th. Event is FREE for WVDHA members and $25 for nonmembers!
Time & Location
Feb 27, 2021, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM EST
Online CE Event
About the Event
Infection Control: Keeping You and Your Patients Healthy (3 CEU)
With the COVID-19 pandemic, dental office infection control has become relevant and crucial in today’s practice. Through an engaging and practical delivery style, this course provides an infection control update for the dental team addressing airborne and bloodborne pathogens. Content includes a comprehensive review of standard infection control protocols as well as providing current and emerging, evidence-based infection control content related to COVID-19. The course will also serve to aid the participant in reviewing and strengthening the infection control program in their office environment.
1. Apply current evidence-based guidelines CDC guidelines and regulations related to infection control.
2. Identify and discuss common diseases transmitted in the dental environment.
3. Identify common dental healthcare practitioner breaches in infection control and how to better comply with established guidelines.
4. Develop office protocols to address prevention of disease transmission.
5. Practice in a manner consistent with maintaining a safe working environment and preventing disease transmission.